Positions and secures steel bars and steel mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete structures. Registration or licensing may be required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- erecting lifting tackles by attaching pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures, and installing cables and attaching counterweights
- attaching slinging gear to hoisting equipment and objects to be moved using clamps, hooks, bolts and knots
- fitting and bolting tubes, support braces and components to form bases and build up scaffolding
- lifting and positioning sections of scaffolding
- measuring, cutting, bending and fitting welded wire mesh into concrete areas to be mesh-reinforced
- fixing mesh and reinforcing steel into position in formwork for concrete pours
- setting up winches and rigging equipment to raise and position girders, plates, columns and other steel units
- erecting guard rails, guy wires, ropes and clears, laying planks and hanging safety nets
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
No courses found.