Operates machines and performs routine tasks to prepare canned and frozen fruit and vegetables, and make and package sauces, jams and juices.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below. AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- weighing, measuring, mixing, dissolving and boiling ingredients
- adding materials, such as spices and preservatives, to food and beverages
- operating heating, chilling, freezing, pasteurising, carbonating, sulphuring and desulphuring plant
- monitoring product quality before packaging by inspecting, taking samples and adjusting treatment conditions when necessary
- operating machines to peel, core, slice, dice, pit and juice fruit and vegetables
- cleaning equipment, pumps, hoses, storage tanks, vessels and floors, and maintaining infestation control programs
- regulating speed of conveyors and crusher rollers, and adjusting tension of rollers to ensure total extraction of juice from sugar cane
- moving products from production lines into storage and shipping areas
- packaging and bottling products
- Baking Factory Worker
- Brewery Worker
- Confectionery Maker
- Dairy Products Maker
- Food and Drink Factory Workers Nec
- Grain Mill Worker
- Sugar Mill Worker
- Winery Cellar Hand
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
No courses found.