Performs routine tasks on a fruit or nut farm such as cultivating and fertilising soil, and planting, irrigating and pruning crops. May spray chemicals on crops to treat disease and pests. Fruit or Nut Pickers are excluded from this occupation. Fruit or Nut Pickers are included in Occupation 841212 Fruit or Nut Picker.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below. AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- planting trees, seeds, seedlings, roots, bulbs, vines and other plants using hand tools and farm machines
- building trellises for climbing vegetables and vines
- operating farm machines to cultivate, fertilise, spray and harvest fruit, nuts, grains and vegetables
- spraying trees, vines and other plants with chemicals to control weed growth, insects, fungus growth and diseases
- thinning, weeding and hoeing row crops, and pruning trees and vines
- irrigating land for crop growth
- selecting and picking fruit, nuts, grains, vegetables and mushrooms according to size and ripeness, and discarding rotting and over-ripened produce
- grading, sorting, bunching and packing produce into containers
- loading filled fruit, nut, grain and vegetable containers onto trucks
- Orchard Worker
- Crop Farm Workers Nec
- Fruit or Nut Picker
- Grain, Oilseed or Pasture Farm Worker
- Mushroom Picker
- Vegetable Farm Worker
- Vegetable Picker
- Vineyard Worker
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
No courses found.