Assembles and installs rigging gear, such as cables, ropes, pulleys and winches, to lift, lower, move and position equipment, structural steel and other heavy objects. Registration or licensing may be required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- erecting lifting tackles by attaching pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures, and installing cables and attaching counterweights
- attaching slinging gear to hoisting equipment and objects to be moved using clamps, hooks, bolts and knots
- fitting and bolting tubes, support braces and components to form bases and build up scaffolding
- lifting and positioning sections of scaffolding
- measuring, cutting, bending and fitting welded wire mesh into concrete areas to be mesh-reinforced
- fixing mesh and reinforcing steel into position in formwork for concrete pours
- setting up winches and rigging equipment to raise and position girders, plates, columns and other steel units
- erecting guard rails, guy wires, ropes and clears, laying planks and hanging safety nets
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
2 courses found.