Operates a range of earthmoving plant to assist with building roads, rail, water supply, dams, treatment plants and agricultural earthworks. Registration or licensing is required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- preparing and positioning plant for operation
- selecting, fitting and removing attachments such as buckets, winches, loading scoops, shovel blades and rock breaking hammers
- operating controls to excavate, break, drill, level, compact, gouge out, move, load and spread earth, rock, rubble, soil and other materials
- monitoring operation of plant and adjusting controls to regulate pressure, speed and flow of operation, and ensuring safety of other workers
- raising, lowering and manipulating attachments using manual and hydraulic controls
- working from drawings, markers and verbal instructions
- servicing, lubricating, cleaning and refuelling plant and performing minor adjustments and repairs
- Construction Plant Operator (General)
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
9 courses found.
|RII31619: Certificate III in Trenchless Technology|
|RII31220: Certificate III in Civil Foundations|
|RII30920: Certificate III in Civil Construction|
|RII30820: Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations|
AHC32216: Certificate III in Commercial Composting
22597VIC: Course in Workplace Spotting for Service Assets
22506VIC: Course in Trenchless Technology Assistance
22468VIC: Course in Civil Construction Pathway
10798NAT: Course in Global Navigation Satellite System Machine Control