Operates a bulldozer using blades and other attachments to gouge out, level and move materials in construction, forestry, mining and other projects. Registration or licensing is required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- preparing and positioning plant for operation
- selecting, fitting and removing attachments such as buckets, winches, loading scoops, shovel blades and rock breaking hammers
- operating controls to excavate, break, drill, level, compact, gouge out, move, load and spread earth, rock, rubble, soil and other materials
- monitoring operation of plant and adjusting controls to regulate pressure, speed and flow of operation, and ensuring safety of other workers
- raising, lowering and manipulating attachments using manual and hydraulic controls
- working from drawings, markers and verbal instructions
- servicing, lubricating, cleaning and refuelling plant and performing minor adjustments and repairs
- Scraper Operator (Earthmoving)
- Backhoe Operator
- Earthmoving Plant Operator (General)
- Excavator Operator
- Grader Operator
- Loader Operator
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
No courses found.